If we issued your current bond and you need a copy of your renewal invoice or your continuation certificate, email us your name and bond number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Merchants Bonding Company will mail your renewal invoice about 60 days before your current bond expires.
Use the renewal link and code provided on your invoice to pay for your renewal by credit/debit card directly on the Merchants Bonding Company website.
If you have not received your renewal invoice for your current (unexpired) tax preparer bond, please contact Merchants Bonding Company at 800-678-8171. They will email you a Direct Renewal payment link to pay online.
TAX PREPARERS NEED AN ACTIVE BOND IN ORDER TO REGISTER WITH CTEC.
If you want to register with CTEC now and you don't have an active bond already
on file with CTEC, use today's date the "effective date" for your bond when you enter your order info.
Bonds dated for a future date will not be active until such date and may affect your CTEC registration.
* Tax preparers must get their bond first and then register with CTEC.
* Tax preparers may get their bond before they complete their tax course.
* Your tax preparer bond will contain the bond number you need to register with CTEC
* Your tax preparer bond will be emailed to the email address you provide in your order.
* You can order bonds for one or more tax preparers in a single transaction.
* Tax preparer bonds are instant-issue bonds that do not require a credit check.
* We do not charge broker fees, transaction fees or any other miscellaneous fees.
* Bonds ordered M-F before 2:00pm are usually processed same day.
* All premiums are fully earned. Once your bond is issued, the premium is non-refundable.